What You’ll Do
- Admire the freshwater Sapanca Lake between Izmit Bay and Adapazari Meadow
- Drive up Kartepe Mountain, a popular picnic area in summer and ski resort in winter
- Enjoy lunch under a canopy of trees next to a waterfall
- Go for a walk around Sapanca Lake
- Escape the bustle of Istanbul and discover a popular weekend retreat from the city
- Experience the picturesque village of Masukiye
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day scenic tour to discover the picturesque landscape outside Istanbul, departing from Bakirkoy at 07:00 or the Kabatas ferry port at 07:30.
Relax on the 2-hour drive to Sapanca Lake, where you will stop for breakfast and some free at leisure. Go for a walk around the lake, located between the Gulf of İzmit and the Adapazarı Meadow. Surrounded by mountains, the area is a popular weekend and day retreat for stressed out city dwellers, offering peace and quiet in natural beauty.
Depart Sapanca at 11:00 and drive to the village of Masukiye for lunch under a canopy of trees next to a waterfall. After lunch, continue your drive up Kartepe Mountain to enjoy a couple of hours to take country walks, a cup of tea, and the chance to capture Masukiye and Sapanca Lake on your camera from an altitude of 1,500 meters.
Transfer back to Istanbul, stopping for a tea at a picturesque spot by the tectonic hole of Sapanca Lake. The estimated arrival time in Istanbul is between 16:30 and 17:00, leaving plenty of time to freshen up for a night on the town.
- Breakfast and lunch
What’s Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses